
Every
night when I tuck in each of my children I remember how
precious they are to me. Each of them have different
"rituals" at night.
Kyle is my easiest to get into bed and asleep, maybe because he plays so hard that he
crashes at night. He isn't big on
kisses anymore so I
tickle him until he gives me a
kiss and a "BIG"
hug.
Kenzie has way to much on her
mind to fall asleep quickly, she is also the nervous one, always afraid of things she thinks she hears. She mostly just wants a big
snuggle hug and
kiss before going to sleep. Now
Elle is very
exact on what she needs before falling asleep. Each night she gives me a
kiss on each
cheek, my forehead, my nose, chin, then on my lips. It HAS to be just like that or else she doesn't think she has been tucked in, it's
serious business! Sometimes when life is
chaotic and I just want them to go to bed and fall asleep I forget how
sweet it is that I get to do this each night. I
love them so much and
wish I could just make them stay small
forever. I will continue to
tuck them in as long as they live in my house, now I may have to wait until they are
asleep and sneak in to do it but I will do it (I'll
Love You for
Always, sound familiar?).
1 comments:
I love your post.
I am so thankful for those little things in life. That was the HARDEST thing for me when I went back to working, not being home to say prayers and tuck, hug and kiss each of my kids in bed at night. I have to wait til they are asleep and after I get home, but I still go tuck each one of them in and kiss their sweet cheeks! My kids are the same way. They have their own little rituals for bedtime and how it must be done before they will go to sleep. My son is like yours, eaiest and goes right to sleep, my oldest daughter takes a bit longer once she is finally settled, and little Hadi has to have all the hugs and loves and kisses over and over before she will go to sleep, some nights i wish they'd just go to sleep...but then I try to remind myself they won't be little for long and I need to make each day I can fun for them and enjoy the time with them, they grow up so fast! I only work a few nights a week but love that time with them at night for the most part.
Post a Comment